Saturday, May 26, 2012

Prelude: D-14 (or is it 15) days

Away Team,

You came home from fetching your dad from the airport and one of the first things you told me was that it finally dawned on you that you're leaving and you can't do anything about it. I'm not exactly sure it it was a good or a bad thing so I veto that it's a neutral feeling. Anyway, I just realized that as the days pass and your departure starts to stare us right in our faces (with the hugeass suitcases and endless shopping for supplies), we've learned to embrace the change and actually start to get excited about the idea. Over tea last night, we were already talking about the routes you have to take to get to uni, the pains of house-hunting and just over dinner tonight, your dad started talking about the prospects of life in Brisbane.

Right at this very moment, I don't know how to feel about this anymore either(neutral, as I say). But I'm pretty sure that whatever appropriate feelings we need to convey will manifest itself on D-day. ;) Meanwhile, let's make sure we finish this mind-blowingly awesome family tree we've had in our heads for years (plus the new branches it has sprouted over the past few months) and translate it into something tangible while we still have the time.

P.S.
HOW IS OUR MIX GOING?

P.P.S
Just so that I won't forget, tell me how grad school is in Oz when classes start. You'll never know. ;)

Love,
Home Team

No comments:

Post a Comment